Sunday, February 14, 2021

HAPPY GALENTINE’S DAY TO YOU ! ~

*The movie Valentine’s Day on so the mood is set to talk about my (valentine’s day?) nail art*

So yay I’m not really a Valentine’s Day person but I’m definitely a cheesy movie kind of girl. 

This is really funny to me how dramatic this nail art is like me I guess lol ? As if anyone has ever broke my heart lol. This is the second time that I draw broken hearts on my nails for Valentine’s Day. I first did it 2 years ago, the result was pretty shitty. I didn’t keep the mani really long lol. I prefer this one way better! 

Since 2019, it’s kinda my tradition to do like an Anti Valentine’s Day nail art like yay for obvious reasons lol. My rule is I can do Valentine’s Day nail art whenever I want except on the 14 of February lol. Last year, I did a candy hearts inspired nail art but instead of the traditional “love you” messages, I wrote “LOL” or “NO”, stuff like that and my co-workers didn’t get it at all lol. It pisses me off when people don’t get my nail art lol. Some of them didn’t understand that it was an Anti Valentine’s Day nail art, others didn’t get why I wrote “LOL”. 

So as you probably understood it, I don’t relate to this celebration for its principal definition I guess but I always feel the need to put my twist on it lol. Valentine’s Day should not make us feel bad for being single, for not knowing what being in a relationship is like, for not wanting to mingle or for not talking to anyone. All of it is ok unlike what the society or social medias want us to believe. We’re complete on our own and it’s way more important to work on ourselves because *me, myself and I is all I got in the end* as Queen B would say.

Instead of celebrating the love we would give to a significant other, maybe we should celebrate self-love and body positivity because the relationship that we have with ourselves is so important. In this race of finding the “good one”, we sometimes forget to be good with ourselves first.

Polishes I used :

Essie : Set In Stones

Essie : Après-Chic

Maybelline : Lilac Wine

Maybelline : So So Fresh

Sinful Colors : Yolo Yellow

Formula X : Incandescent 

D’Jonna : n°10

Black Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment