Friday, February 12, 2021


HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR 2021 ! CHUC MUNG NAM MOI ! ~

For those who celebrate it, I wish you a happy lunar new year! I hope this year is filled with success, happiness and obviously money lol. 

I wasn’t really inspired for this year nail art. At first, I didn’t want to do the lucky cat because I did it two years ago. I thought of doing an ox since is the year of the ox but I wasn’t confident enough to do it lol.   I’m still trying to find my way around animals. I’m not that comfortable drawing them yet lol. The list of animals I can draw is still very limited lol. So here’s the comeback of the lucky cat! I wasn’t optimistic about this mani because I didn’t know how it would look like but honestly I’m pretty pleased with the result. 

So I did a glitter placement on my pointer and pinky fingernails using red and gold glitter. Btw, I think that I should buy another gold glitter polish. The one I used is becoming tired lol. I draw the lucky cat on my middle fingernail and a red lantern on my ring fingernail. 

In my last year post, I talked about the struggle of being asian in a western country and the difficulty for us asian to make people understand that the racism that we face is indeed racism and not just humour or idk what other bullshit people would call it. Keep in mind that at this time last year, COVID wasn’t a global pandemic yet. It was majorly located in China. So I can definitely say racism against asian people became stronger once COVID became global. At the beginning of the pandemic in march 2020, I felt uncomfortable being in public transport. People would change seats once they saw that I was asian or they would stare at me like I was a monster or something. That’s sad to say but I’m pretty used to racism but not in this shape or form. Before COVID, I’ve never been uncomfortable in a public place because I was asian so yay I guess there’s always a first for everything. It wasn’t even that bad comparing at what other asians lived and are still living even right now. Violence and hate crimes against asian people have strongly increased since COVID. Right now, no one can say that racism against asian people doesn’t exist, no one can turn a blind eye and ignore it. I feel like mainstream medias don’t talk about it enough but it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. You have to educate yourself and listen to what asian people have to say. Before this pandemic, we had a long way to go and now it’s even worth lol. It’s like we moved backward.

All of this should never makes us forget how great it is to belong to such rich cultures. When I was in middle and high school, I would not brag about being Vietnamese not that I was ashamed or what but I didn’t want to highlight the fact that I was different. Now I’m soooooo glad to be different honestly. So yay celebrate your roots, today even harder than the other days. And finally, what is happening to us should never make us forget what the other minorities are living too. We’re not the only ones struggling and diminishing other battles won’t help ours.

Polishes I used :

Nocibé : Choubichou

Revlon : Red Hot Tamale

Milani : Red

Essie : Getting Groovy

Sephora : Gold Fever

White & Black Polishes

No comments:

Post a Comment