Sunday, April 12, 2020

THE CHECKED NAIL ART [with a polish that doesn’t check the boxes] ~

For today, I have a checked nail art inspired by Pshiiit_Polish. I used striping tapes for this mani and as you can see I have still a long way to go with it lol. This is definitely not the best striping tape nail art that I’ve done.

I just want to make a quick review of this nail polish from Little Ondine. It was actually the first time that I used this brand on all my nails. I used it for my donuts nail art but not enough to truly have an opinion on it. For the little story, I found this polish at Urban Outfitters on sale. I was pretty interested by this brand because the composition of their polishes are uncommon. They are water-based, non-toxic and odor-free. As a nail polish addict I had to test it, I was curious. Let me tell you guys, I’m really not that difficult when it comes to nail polish. If the color is pretty and the consistency not too sticky, I’m ok. I’m not even asking for a quick dry or long lasting nail polish because it’s the top coat job. This specific nail polish from Little Ondine doesn’t check the 2 important boxes for me. The color is not pretty, I won’t say it’s disgusting but it’s disgusting lol. I had to put a white polish under it to make it somehow opaque. As you can see it on my pointer and pinky fingernails, the application is not regular. I don’t know if it’s this polish that sucks or the entire brand. It’s true that nude polishes always require a lot of coats and are sometimes sticky but this one... is by far the worst polish I have ever tried in my life. I’m pretty convinced that this nail art could have looked better if it wasn’t for this nail polish.

Polishes I used :

Little Ondine : C521

Bourjois : Flambant Rose

Bourjois : Orange Création

Essie : Coconut Cove

Maybelline : Upper Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment