Wednesday, January 13, 2021

PASTEL & HOLO ~

Today, I’m back with a quite special post. Months ago, I’ve been contacted by Born Pretty Store to collaborate with them and review some nail products. So I choose some items including this pretty holo polish. This is probably my fourth collaboration since I started this page 5 years ago. I’m always glad when brands want to collaborate with me. This is quite exciting to have the opportunity to test products. Obviously, my opinion will stay unbiased and I will be honest in my review. 

I decided to pick this bad boy called “Zeus Sword” because I have quite a few holos and none of them really impressed me except for the Linear Holo Taco but it’s a top coat not an opaque polish. I have to say that I’m quite satisfied of this one. Although I would say that the application requires more than 3 coats to be completely opaque but other than that I had no problem with it. I think that this product is versatile. You can use it as a regular polish or like a top coat combined with another polish. It will probably become my go-to for holo. If you want to try it or any product on Born Pretty Store site, you can use my code JNM10 for 10% off your purchase (wow I really do feel like an influencer now lol).

So about my nail art because this is what this page is about isn’t it? I did a marble design on my pointer, middle and pinky fingernails using purple, green and blue. I put dots of the 3 colors and mix them together to create the marble effect. Then I draw triangles near my cuticle. On my ring fingernail, I applied the holo polish and did triangle shapes using the same colors I used for the marble. I especially like the accent nail. I think that the secret for a good marble effect is to not mix the colors too much. It’s prettier when we can distinguish them.

Polishes I used :

Born Pretty : Zeus Sword

Nailmatic : Mona

Sephora : Lilac Fantasy

Modelite : F41

No comments:

Post a Comment